Monday, February 20, 2012

The countdown begins...

Over the past week, Kyle and I have been lucky enough to spend some time with all of our friends and family before leaving for Korea. We celebrated with all of our friends in San Francisco this year to commemorate Abe Lincoln's 203rd birthday, a tradition that we've been keeping since our first year in college. It was a great weekend, filled with libations, delicious food, and most importantly, quality time with friends.







That same weekend, my sister Allegra celebrated her baby shower at my aunt's house in Almaden. I don't have the pictures to that yet, but soon hopefully....nonetheless, it was a great party! The house was decorated beautifully, there was an amazing amount of delicious food, and Allegra and Peanut Aponte were showered with love! Now we just have to wait until he is born for the real party to start! (if anyone has any photos, email them to me and I will post them!)


This weekend was my last day to see everyone before heading off. Saturday was a gathering to celebrate my Grandma M's 88th birthday! 


On Sunday, a bunch of family members came from around the bay area to see me off, as well as several members from the ballet family. It was another great afternoon!













 Seeing everyone these past two weekends and every day in between has made me extremely happy and excited for my trip. Even though I will miss everyone so much, I am so happy that they are sending Kyle and I off with so much love and support. We can't thank you all enough;  and we can't wait to share our experiences with you all!


1 comment:

  1. I love these photos. So happy you got to see everyone before you left. Welcome to Korea!!!

    ReplyDelete